Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Bit of This and That

Since my last entry I have given the following poster presentation and paper:

“Faculty Learning Communities Program: Office of Faculty Development California State university, East bay” Poster Presentation, Co-presenters, Eileen Barrett, Jsh Guo, Jane Lpous, Mitch Watnik, California State University Symposium on University Teaching, Cal Poly Pomona, 2008.

"Samuel Johnson on Beer: A National Concern" American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Portland, 2008.

My two spring classes, one online, at Las Positas College have ended and my two classes at California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) are winding down this week. I will be teaching at CSUEB this summer and designing an online course. I am also working on several writing projects, one of which involves a service learning: "The Community Literacy Project" http://www.calstate.edu/cce/news_pubs/csu_impact/052908.html that I have been working on for eight years. I was lucky enough to work with a the Faculty Learning Community (FLC) for Community Based and Service Learning as I developed a new library track for this project. The faculty in our FLC supported and contributed to the development of my service learning project and my development as an academic.

On the celebration list is my niece who just earned her AA and who will be transferring to Cal State in the fall.

I am looking forward to a productive summer balanced by a lot of playtime.

No comments: